The admin of this site would like to ask a rhetorical question of those who visit this site, and is going to use this page to get on the soap box about it. Our country, the
1) Our nation has turned from God.
2) Rampant moral decay.
3) A "Culture Of Corruption" in
1) Our nation has turned from God - Don't think so? Just look at number 2. How many times a day do you see sexually suggestive commercials and ads on TV, billboards, and magazines? The shows themselves are even worse sometimes. Our nation is in a period where evil is called good and good is called evil (Isa 5:20).
A) Are we putting God first? Or is it maybe football, work, or even your spouse? If something is more important to you than the Lord, then you've made them your god, as surely as if you've made a golden calf (Thou shalt have no other gods before me);
B) We'll let you fill in the blank on this one (Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image);
C) When we watch television we can hear cursing, including taking the Lord's name in vain, and it's a common occurrence in everyday language also (Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain);
D) We work 7 days a week just trying to get ahead, instead of resting a day a week like we should, not only for our health but just because God said so (Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy);
E) Our children now have the right to get free condoms and, in some places, to get abortions without even being required to notify their parents. If you discipline your child with a spanking, you run a real risk of being charged with child abuse and losing them. We warehouse our parents and grandparents in nursing homes waiting for them to die, even when we are able to take care of them (Thou shalt honor thy mother and thy father);
F) We murder unborn human beings in the womb (Thou shalt not kill);
G) Sex sells. We look at others and lust after them, and Jesus said that is adultery whether we touch them or not (Thou shalt not commit adultery);
H) Our government spends money without looking to the future, and crippling our future economy for the sake of today, forcing our children and grandchildren to pay for our excess (Thou shalt not steal);
I) We say it's okay to lie in court if you're the President, and slander from one political candidate towards another is just business as usual, causing good people to refuse to run for office, and who can blame them (Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor);
J) We go deeply into debt so we can buy a house, car, or other item that we don't need just because we want it, and want it now (Thou shalt not covet).
2) Rampant moral decay - This should be obvious to anyone with eyes in their head. Sexual innuendo is everywhere. For a girl to not be called "easy" now, all she has to do is wait until the third date. A girl who doesn't sleep with a man before marriage is considered odd. Men are expected to try to get a girl in bed on a date. If he doesn't his manhood is challenged, and he's considered more manly just for success. Pornography is unbelievably easy to get and almost impossible to keep out of the hands of our children. Homosexuality is not only tolerated, but promoted, and homosexual marriage is now legal in several states. Some people who say they are Christians support this lifestyle, despite it being very clear in Scripture that God finds this a sin (1 Cor 6:9, Rom 1:26-27, Jude 1:7, & 1 Tim 1:10).
3) A "Culture of Corruption" in Washington D. C. - I didn't originate this term, but heard one of the talking heads on the news use it some time ago, and think that it fits. I'm not saying that our Senators and Representatives are corrupt in that they take bribes, but in that they have placed themselves above the law and pass laws that apply to us and exempt themselves. An example, for me anyway, is Representative William Jefferson of New Orleans (who did take a bribe) who was found to have had $90,000 in cash in his freezer which he said he had gotten legally (I keep tens of thousands of dollars in my freezer. Don't you?). The FBI obtained a search warrant and searched his congressional offices. Congress, Democrat and Republican, screamed it was a separation of powers violation and that the FBI had no right to search a congressman's office, even with a search warrant. Who do these people think they are? Congress also routinely funnels money to special interests and their supporters, on both sides of the aisle, through the process of "earmarks." An example here is President Obama, who on the campaign trail said that as a Senator he didn't do much in the way of earmarks, only "A billion dollars or so." A BILLION dollars isn't very much in Washington D. C. apparently (and neither is the many trillions of dollars of deficit spending).
CALL TO ACTION - We can stop this, but it will take all of us, and it must start now. If we turn back to God He WILL heal our land. He is never-changing, so what His Word says is what He means, not what we want it to mean. Put God first in our lives. Stop watching TV shows or movies that contain things that go against your principles, and let the station or theater know that you are and why. Stop buying products that advertise in ways that go against your principles, and let the company know why. If enough of us do that, it WILL make a difference. And if one of our representatives votes against your principles VOTE THEM OUT! Let's ask ourselves how would Jesus Christ vote in the next election and vote that way, regardless of party, and work to get that person elected on the local, state or national level. God Bless!